Thursday 14 October 2010

PJ Harvey

THE DEVIL
As soon as I am left alone
the Devil wanders into my soul
and I pretend to myself.
I pretend to myself.

I go out to the old mile-stone
insanely expecting
you to come there, knowing
that I wait for you there.
That I wait for you there.

Come, come
come here at once!
Come, come
on a night with no moon,

because
all of my being is now in pining.

What formerly cheered me,
now seems insignificant.
Insignificant.



PJ Harvey's lyrics are very dark, serious and strong which is similar to Florence and The Machine's version of 'Girl with one eye' which we are using. Furthermore, the music has similarities to Florences as the intruments used and the music created is along the same genre. I love how both their voices and the way the project to the audience complements the creativeness of the song as a whole. PJ Harvey writes songs with a meaning and narrative as does Florence, we create our story using our imagination just through listening to the music. PJ Harvey has inspired our video and helped us to build a narrative to our chosen song.

The image above is exactly what we would like to use in our digi-pack. We would show our two main protagonists in the same way to capture the essence of the ambience and the narrative.
Also, we researched record companies for our own video and found that 'Island' and 'I am sound' record companies had links to florence and the machine as she was on the record deal. This is brilliant for our final concept as it means we have found links between, not only PJ Harveys lyrics but who advertises and supports her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment